At Barkemp we fully understand that there is inherent risk in the work we undertake; however we believe that with the right controls and procedures in place we can minimise or eliminate risk.
We have an industry leading safety record and ensure that the public and our contractors are kept safe at all times. We believe that our safety record is testament to all the measures we have in place:
- All injuries are reported and learnt from however small
- All employees and contractors have appropriate PPE and tools and must adhere to policies regarding their use
- We have a company wide commitment to running safe and clean sites at all time, monitored by the foremen of each site
- Daily briefings at all sites covering key heath and safety requirements
- Senior Managers/Directors and external agencies carry our regular heath and safety audits
- Industry standard training appropriate to the individual is provided so contractors have the correct health and safety guidance and information
- We are committed to meeting and exceeding industry standard accreditations such as SMAS and CHAS.
Health & Safety Policy